After completion of the Nautical College of Terschelling, Han Gravendeel started sailing as Maritime Officer in 1989. He sailed on various types of ocean-going ships, such as chemical tankers, multi-purpose ships, ro-ro ships and modern container ships. During this period he obtained a wide experience in a many aspects of shipping and engineering. In 1996 he changed-over to a shore-based job and gained wide experience as maritime and technical surveyor.
- Hull and machinery surveys in the broadest sense.
- Technical surveys upon land based equipment, like agriculture equipment, earthmovers, excavators, wheel loaders, etc.
- Valuations / appraisals of all ship types, engines and land based equipment.
- Fleet valuations and valuations of special ships and objects.
- Nautical investigations regarding collisions and other incidents in inland shipping and seagoing shipping.
- Pre- entry survey’s hull and machinery as well as P&I.
- Stability matters with regard to inland shipping and seagoing shipping.
- General investigations into damage causes in the field of shipping and land based equipment.
- On- and off-hire inspections of hull and machinery.
- Maritime Officer ocean-going vessels
- Registered surveyor, with NIVRE.
- Registered appraiser/valuer at Dutch Registry of Appraisers (Verenigd Register van Taxateurs /VRT).
- Royal Netherlands Association of Technicians in Shipping (KNVTS)
"Doldrums B.V. is affiliated with:"