Niko Vos finished the College for Marine Engineers in Utrecht and started sailing in 1982. He sailed as engineer on many types of short-sea and ocean going-ships, on tankers, bulk carriers and reefers. Subsequently he worked as superintendent with a ship management company. From 1992 he worked as a reactor operator and project manager with a nuclear power plant. Consequently he gained a wide experience in many aspects in the field of shipping and engineering. In 1997 he changed-over to the “world of surveyors” and gained wide experience as maritime and technical surveyor since then.
- Hull and machinery surveys in the broadest sense.
- Valuations / appraisals of equipment.
- Expert advice with regard to issues in ship building, technical installations and machinery.
- Technical investigations into damage causes in complicated technical matters.
- On- and off-hire of hull and machinery.
- Pre-entry surveys for underwriters.
- Superintendency on repair and new building.
- Project management and support.
- Condition and appraisal surveys for purchase and sale.
- Marine engineer ocean-going vessels
- Member of the International Institute of Marine Surveying (IIMS) in UK.
- Royal Netherlands Association of Technicians in Shipping (KNVTS).
"Doldrums B.V. is affiliated with:"