Frank Jonkers finished the College for Marine Engineers in Flushing and started sailing in 1987. He sailed on ocean-going chemical tankers. In this period he gained a wide technical experience. In 1991 he changed-over to a shore-based job and worked a short period as maintenance engineer with high voltage cable works and as project manager with a ship repair yard. With the last mentioned job he got familiar with the ship repair world. In 1992 he started as a surveyor and gained wide experience as maritime and technical surveyor since then.
- Hull and machinery surveys in the broadest sense.
- Technical surveys upon land based equipment, like agriculture equipment, earthmovers, etc.
- Valuations / appraisals of all ship types, engines and land based equipment.
- Expert advice with regard to issues in ship building, technical installations and machinery.
- Pre-entry surveys for underwriters.
- Technical investigations into damage causes in complicated technical matters.
- Authorized surveyor for carrying out surveys upon inland ships on behalf of The Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate (The Transport and Water Management Inspectorate).
- Authorized to carry out Damage Prevention Inspection (DPI) to inland ships.
- Marine engineer ocean-going vessels
- Registered surveyor, with NIVRE
- IVR surveyor for the SPO-inspections
- NBKB surveyor for the examination of inland ships on behalf of The Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate
- Royal Netherlands Association of Technicians in Shipping (KNVTS)
"Doldrums B.V. is affiliated with:"